Volume Meshing: MeshGems-Hexa
MeshGems-Hexa is a fully automated all-hex mesh generator.
- Input: a discrete triangulated surface mesh
- Output: a quad surface mesh that captures the input geometry features, but does not preserve its topology, and an inner hex mesh
- Based on the Octree method
- Handles multiple surface and volume subdomains as well as non-manifold geometries. All subdomains are meshed together in one go: the user can select afterwards which part of the final mesh is of interest
- Does not preserve the input geometry topology: but, some features can be enforced in the output mesh such as surface edges or vertices
- Adaptive capabilities: the size of the inner elements can be controlled through an input size map throughout the whole meshed space
- Boundary layers generation for CFD purposes: user-given number of layers and sizes and blending layers automatically added to lower the size shock between the last boundary layer elements and the free mesh
- Fast: millions of hexes per minute. Multi-threading optimization. Experimental Open-CL version available, taking advantage of GPUs computing power
- Minimum and maximum element sizes can be controlled, overriding any geometrical or size map requirements
- User control between
- the “quality mode”, that enforce a minimum quality for each hexes at the expense of geometric accuracy, and
- the “geometry mode”, that enforce a better capturing of the input mesh features but can generate a small percentage of negative volume elements on the way
Any component of the MeshGems suite can be fully tested during one month at no charge.
→ Request an evaluation